I think by this point we are all going a little Coronavirus Crazy! I was waiting for things to settle down before sending a blog but I realized that might be a while so I decided to move forward and share my thoughts….
First of all I just want to say we have to remember to take everything in perspective. For most of us if we get the virus we are going to be okay. Remind yourself who you are protecting right now is the very young, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. For everyone else it’s going to be like having a bad cold. So if you are sick stay in and protect our parents, grandparents, children, and those who are already compromised with their health.
THE FLU: In the U.S. at least 18,000 people have died and 250,000 have already been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to estimates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – more than 26 million Americans have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms. And this flu season has been especially hard on kids.
CORONA VIRUS: World wide there are 145,000 cases, 5,411 people have died from it and 70,200 recovered.
There is a big difference when you compare the U.S. and World wide. When you compare the flu and the Coronavirus you wonder why are they closing schools, and big events for the Corona and they never do for the flu, when the flu affects so many more people? — Not understanding can create the panic. — To shed some light on this….. one reason for the closings and quarantine is the Coronavirus is very contagious and while for most of you it will never be more than a cold — it spreads so quickly it can easily become devastation to a community with elderly, very young and comprised immune systems. So while you may not be affected as bad you have to realize and understand the importance of the damages it can do to others. That’s the whole reason for the quarantine that if we isolate the virus the hope is the virus will eventually die. That’s why it’s really important if you are sick or have been exposed to someone sick — stay home.
But with all the panic that is taking place people are going to end up killing each other before they ever even catch the virus. So slow down and just take a moment to realize sometimes all we need is a little time to get to a better place.
Right now one of the most important things for you to do is stay healthy because if you do get it the healthier you are the more you will be able to fight it. I am always preaching to you to make sure you are eating clean and exercising and doing all the right things for your mind and body because the healthier you are the better you can handle anything that comes your way.
Here are some things to think about and do:
- Own your space — if you are at an event or any kind of gathering for personal or business give yourself some space when talking to others. Remember it’s not only about the person you are talking too — it’s who that person was in contact with and the person before that person. Protect yourself and give at least 6 feet between you and always give air hugs and blow kisses.
- Wash all fruit and vegetables with vinegar — Washing with vinegar is the best way to remove bacteria.
- Keep it positive! We are all in our own sense of quarantine so have some fun with it and spend some time with those you love and make some memories. These will be the stories your children tell their children about how much fun they had when their family was quarantined 20 years ago.
- Young or old – play games, cards, monopoly, charades
- Get a jump on yard work. Start pulling those weeds and raking the lawn
- Clean out the garage – the storage room or the closets for spring
- Take time away from the News and Social media and get outside in the fresh air and exercise. Go to the park, or trails, walk, jog, hike, ride your bike, play tag, go to the beach and collect shells from the sand. The recent weather has given us no excuse not to be outside getting some much needed vitamin D.
- While you are out at the park — one thing I love to do in my home on a nice cool day is shut the heat and spray the whole house with disinfectant and then open all the windows — and then leave for the day. Let the house air out and sterilize.
Final Thoughts: Live your life. Don’t live in fear because that is absolutely not healthy. DO NOT use this time as an excuse to go off program. Because before you know it this will all be a memory and we will wake up and it will be an 80 degree day and there will be those of you that are taking off the coats feeling really good and excited to put on the jean shorts and t-shirts — while others who did not do the right thing will be dreading the 80 degree day more than they did the flu/virus. I am already seeing it. Weights are sent to me all day Friday, Saturdays and Sundays and I can already see who is staying strong through the craziness and who is not. Make the right choice.
Right now the one thing you can control is your food. So you have to decide when the time comes where do you want to be and how do you want to feel. Make the choice and choose your hard. Is it harder to do the right thing now or will it be harder to squeeze into your summer clothes later.
AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU CAN ONLY CONTROL WHAT IS IN FRONT ON YOU
TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME
DON’T FOUS ON THE “WHAT IF”
FOCUS ON THE HERE AND NOW
— MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL–
BE HAPPY – STAY HEALTHY
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick