HOW IMPORTANT IS WATER FOR WEIGHT LOSS? Staying hydrated encourages proper metabolic function. Your body is up to 60 percent water and needs water to function properly. Being dehydrated prevents your metabolism from running at peak capacity. That’s definitely not good when you’re trying to lose weight.
DID YOU KNOW: You should aim to drink at least half your bodyweight in ounces. For example if you weigh 160 pounds you should aim to drink about 80 ounces (10 cups) of water each day. Keep in mind that’s a minimum. If the weather is hot and humid, you will sweat more. This means that you need to consume higher levels of water. And, if you are doing any type of activity that makes you sweat, you need to consume additional water to replace the fluids that you lose. Yes, you’ll probably pee a lot more than you’re used to when you first starting upping your water intake. But trust me, there are so many health and weight loss benefits that come with water intake.
BENEFITS OF WATER:
- Water acts as a natural hunger-blocker. If you think you’re hungry you might just be thirsty.
- Drinking more water will help cut down on false hunger pangs.
- Drinking water helps reduce drinking other high-calorie drinks.
- Water is the best zero calorie drink around. Trust me when you drink a gallon of water a day there’s no room for other liquids.
- By drinking ample amounts of water day-in and day-out, you can slowly tighten your skin and maintain a healthy glow.
- Drinking water will flush out the toxins in your body, especially the harmful toxins that can take a toll on your overall health.
- Water keeps your body hydrated and refreshed and helps maintain your skin’s elasticity. People who drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles, and soft lines and they won’t show as many signs of aging as those who drink little amounts of water. As you grow older, it is tougher for your body to retain water, so by inputting more water into your system, you are helping your body and your skin stay hydrated.
- It improves blood oxygen circulation. Water carries helpful nutrients and oxygen to your entire body. Reaching your daily water intake will improve your circulation and have a positive impact on your overall health.
- It helps fight off illness. Drinking enough water can help prevent certain medical conditions – including constipation, urinary tract infections, hypertension and kidney stones
How can you tell if you are hydrated? Areas such as the skin under your eyes can become dark if you are not hydrated. If you have a lack of elasticity in your skin, it may be that you are dehydrated. To check your skin’s elasticity, gently pinch your skin and see if it bounces back. If it doesn’t bounce back, you are dehydrated.
I LOVE WATER! I credit everything to my water intake. I wake up at 5:30am every morning – and by 7am I have already consumed 4 – 16oz bottles of water. I drink it throughout the day and I always drink another 4 – 16 oz bottles right before bed which is usually around 1:30-2am. Maybe it’s because I am a pisces and spiritually a fish I love everything about water. I love to drink it, and swim in it. It’s so fresh and clean for my body inside and out. I love how it makes me feel and look.
FINAL TIP: Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load, and improve the function of all your tissues. If you want to live your healthiest self – drink your water and make it a priority in your life for you health, weight loss, your body and mind. Everything runs and looks better when you are continuously hydrated.
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick