MIND GAMES TO MOTIVATION
From Graduations to Starting Camp — this time of year is all about endings and beginnings for all ages. We are all experiencing happy tears in all kinds of celebrations. So how do we stay motivated to stick to our program and lose the weight when we have temptation at every turn? Here are some tips that will help you get past the mental games we play – the self sabotage we do -and keep you motivated and happy to stay on your path.
MIND GAMES: You know that 90% of weight loss is mental. As soon as you can’t have it you want it. You want the weight loss so bad but at the same time you can talk yourself into cheating in seconds. You are so quick to notice when someone takes advantage of you but do you ever realize when YOU are the one taking Advantage of YOURSELF.
EXAMPLE: MindGame— You step on the scale mid-week because part of you thinks— If I lost I will keep going but if I didn’t lose I’m giving up and eating— but the truth is you have only been on program 3 days so you didn’t even give your body enough time to lose the weight.
EXAMPLE: MindGame— You make deals with yourself — Im going to have extra today but I will eat less tomorrow (even though you know that will never happen – once you eat off program you will be lucky if you even get back on the next day- never mind eat less).
SOLUTION: The truth is when it comes to Mind Games we get into negative thinking because it’s always going to be easier to do the wrong-thing than do the right thing. The only way to stop playing mind games with yourself is to be brutally honest. When you see you are questioning your original plan – think about why you are doing it, and if you are being honest with yourself you will acknowledge that maybe it’s because you are tired or you are hungry and you feel mentally weak. Sometimes when you ask yourself the honest questions you will give yourself the honest answers and then you can move away from the mind games and focus on the truth of what you want and what it will take to get it.
SABOTAGE: Self-sabotage is when you actively or passively take steps to prevent yourself from reaching your goals. When you are constantly sabotaging your own thoughts you are taking yourself off the path that you know means so much to you. There are many reason why we self sabotage such as – Instant gratification – and/or avoiding what needs to be done. But at the end of the day the Why isn’t always as important as learning to STOP.
The best way to stop sabotaging is to Plan your day. The reason for this is because when you have too much freedom and no plan it creates lack of self regulation. When you have a plan it immediately creates control from within. When you have control from within and you plan your day – as long as you follow that plan – you will be less likely to self sabotage.
MOTIVATION: If you are not disciplined enough to just walk away or just say NO -how do you stay on your path and lose the weight. MOTIVATION! Motivation represents the willingness to put your efforts in a particular direction so you can achieve your goals. Motivation is what makes you perform- It energizes your behavior and directs you to perform the activity by using your own enthusiasm. So a great example of this is when you give yourself that one solid week on program and you see your results – those results motivate you to do it again. But you have to start with putting the work in to that one solid week to create your own motivation.
VISUALIZE: This is big on my list these days. Don’t just think about it – but actually visualize it! When you visualize you are giving your brain a clear picture of what you want to feel and look like. When you do this the visualization sends a signal to your body to start behaving consistent with the image. It’s such a powerful skill most of us don’t even know we have. One of the best things you can do is think about an event you want to go to. It could be one day or multiple days. It could be as big as a wedding or as small as a beach day. The idea is to think about how you want to to look and feel that day. Think specifically about what you want to wear – and how you want to look and feel in it. Visualization is a simple technique that you can use to create a strong mental image of what you really want.
FINAL THOUGHTS…. Think about the end of the day and tomorrow. You finished your on program day. You are laying in bed a little hungry but not starving. You immediately feel lighter and healthier. You can tell in your body you have done the right thing – it doesn’t even matter what the scale says you know you are lighter. You followed your program and had a great day. You wake up the next morning and you feel even better. When you wake up after having an amazing day you can literally feel how light your body feels. And instead of dreading getting dressed you are excited about it. Happy and feeling good – that is always how you want to end and begin your amazing days.
The words you tell yourself everyday
will either Lift you Up
or they will Tear you Down
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick
HOW IMPORTANT IS WATER FOR WEIGHT LOSS? Staying hydrated encourages proper metabolic function. Your body is up to 60 percent water and needs water to function properly. Being dehydrated prevents your metabolism from running at peak capacity. That’s definitely not good when you’re trying to lose weight.
DID YOU KNOW: You should aim to drink at least half your bodyweight in ounces. For example if you weigh 160 pounds you should aim to drink about 80 ounces (10 cups) of water each day. Keep in mind that’s a minimum. If the weather is hot and humid, you will sweat more. This means that you need to consume higher levels of water. And, if you are doing any type of activity that makes you sweat, you need to consume additional water to replace the fluids that you lose. Yes, you’ll probably pee a lot more than you’re used to when you first starting upping your water intake. But trust me, there are so many health and weight loss benefits that come with water intake.
BENEFITS OF WATER:
- Water acts as a natural hunger-blocker. If you think you’re hungry you might just be thirsty.
- Drinking more water will help cut down on false hunger pangs.
- Drinking water helps reduce drinking other high-calorie drinks.
- Water is the best zero calorie drink around. Trust me when you drink a gallon of water a day there’s no room for other liquids.
- By drinking ample amounts of water day-in and day-out, you can slowly tighten your skin and maintain a healthy glow.
- Drinking water will flush out the toxins in your body, especially the harmful toxins that can take a toll on your overall health.
- Water keeps your body hydrated and refreshed and helps maintain your skin’s elasticity. People who drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles, and soft lines and they won’t show as many signs of aging as those who drink little amounts of water. As you grow older, it is tougher for your body to retain water, so by inputting more water into your system, you are helping your body and your skin stay hydrated.
- It improves blood oxygen circulation. Water carries helpful nutrients and oxygen to your entire body. Reaching your daily water intake will improve your circulation and have a positive impact on your overall health.
- It helps fight off illness. Drinking enough water can help prevent certain medical conditions – including constipation, urinary tract infections, hypertension and kidney stones
How can you tell if you are hydrated? Areas such as the skin under your eyes can become dark if you are not hydrated. If you have a lack of elasticity in your skin, it may be that you are dehydrated. To check your skin’s elasticity, gently pinch your skin and see if it bounces back. If it doesn’t bounce back, you are dehydrated.
I LOVE WATER! I credit everything to my water intake. I wake up at 5:30am every morning – and by 7am I have already consumed 4 – 16oz bottles of water. I drink it throughout the day and I always drink another 4 – 16 oz bottles right before bed which is usually around 1:30-2am. Maybe it’s because I am a pisces and spiritually a fish I love everything about water. I love to drink it, and swim in it. It’s so fresh and clean for my body inside and out. I love how it makes me feel and look.
FINAL TIP: Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load, and improve the function of all your tissues. If you want to live your healthiest self – drink your water and make it a priority in your life for you health, weight loss, your body and mind. Everything runs and looks better when you are continuously hydrated.
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick
Now that the end of July has approached us I want you to look back and think about where you are today and where you thought you would be. Four Weeks ago on July 1st I asked you where did you want to be at the end of July…. Did you reach that goal? Did you put the work in like you promised yourself? Sometimes these can be very tough questions to answer especially if we know we didn’t do what we wanted – but they are even harder when we know we didn’t even try.
Yes we can all agree Summer is hard. But if we really think about it – weight loss is always hard. It’s a time that we are taking in less than our bodies need so we are hungry. It’s a time that we have to walk away from temptations that always seem to be there. My point is if you keep waiting for it to be easy – it will never happen.
I want you to remember while you are contemplating and waiting for an easier time – I have thousands of clients who are doing the right things and losing the weight and feeling great. I tell you this because I want you to always remember you are no different then they are – the only thing different is you keep stopping yourself from what you really want. When you decide to start working a little harder, being okay with being uncomfortable, and committing to walking away from temptation – I promise you will see the results. You have to stop getting in your own way. Stop waiting and start doing .
SECOND LOOK: Think back on July. How did you feel? Was it making you happy? Did you feel healthy and in control. If the answer is yes you feel great and you are doing great – then I’m super happy for you because there is no better feeling. If the answer is you are not feeling good in your body and mind and you have lost control – then you need to change it.
HOW TO MOVE FORWARD: Lose the weight now. Start today. Stop thinking that it’s summer and using it as an excuse that requires you to over indulge in food and alcohol – because it doesn’t. What you need to do is commit to making yourself feel good. Put the time and real effort into it. Work hard for what you want and walk away from what you know doesn’t make you feel good. It doesn’t mean you can’t go and enjoy with others – it just means you have a plan walking into where you are going and what you are doing when you get there. If it’s not your cheat day then you stay on program and plan what you are eating, and if you are drinking you are giving up your snacks it’s that simple. Have a plan and follow through with it – and know in your heart that when you stick with it that is what is going to really make you feel your best. Don’t make it harder than it has to be. I promise you everything you walk away from and deny yourself from having – will still all be there when you have your cheat day.
YES IT’S HARD TO STAY ON PROGRAM IN THE SUMMER
BUT IT’S SO MUCH HARDER TO NOT FIT IN YOUR CLOTHES.
If you are really honest with yourself you know that when you stay on program that feels so much better than cheating. When you are cheating it’s for the moment when you stay strong and on program it’s for the results. I can’t say it enough – do the right thing and you will feel so much better – whether it’s weight loss, work, family, relationships, or vacations – life is about planning and following through and doing the right things. The reason we do this is because it’s what makes us happy. We feel accomplished, and we want to be our best, we want to feel healthy and yes we want to look good. We have one life and we want to have that balance of enjoing it but also working hard and being your best while you do it. When you have a plan you can accomplish all those things. Yes some days are going to be super easy and other days will feel like the most difficult days, but if you stick to your plan you will always get better results both mentally and physically.
DO WHAT IS RIGHT NOT WHAT IS EASY
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick
Welcome back everyone! Im so happy everyone had a great safe holiday weekend. First, I want to tell you wherever you are don’t stress about it. Just get right back on program and finish out the week solid. One week and you will feel so much better being back in control and knowing that your body is in the right direction. You will weigh in this weekend and wherever you are you move on from there into a positive and happy place.
I want to thank you all because I have heard the nicest things the last couple of days from so many of you……. I love all the photos you send me. So many of you that were at holiday events this weekend and felt so good about yourself……. We had more clients than ever hit their lowest numbers this past weekend. The excitement was beyond thrilling for me to be a part of. Thank you all for working so hard.
I love how so many clients couldn’t express enough how knowing they were going back to their magic muffins and Innovation food after the Holiday weekend helped them mentally get right back on program. It makes me so happy!!! I say it all the time — it only takes a couple of days of being back to eating on program is what gets you back to feeling good again. The quicker you get back the faster you recover. It all comes down to it’s not always about going off program that matters so much — it’s about what you do after you go off program that makes all the difference. When you get right back on program you get right back to feeling your very best, lightest, happiest and in control feeling — and that makes us all happy.
Here are some things I want you to think about moving forward into the Beautiful Sunshine and Social Summer.
- You will feel hungrier this week. Why? Because you were eating for Holiday and Weekend Vacation last week and now you are back to eating for weight loss. So expect the hunger and embrace the hunger. I promise you will live through it. You might not be happy about it and there will be uncomfortable moments — but it will pass. And by the weekend you will feel so much better mentally and physically.
- Try your best to put the clean on program week in. I know we have so much going on in the summer and we are eating-out more often and socializing more than normal. But the more on program consecutive days you can put together the faster you will go back to feeling your best and back to your weight loss. If you are eating out make sure it’s a clean meal. Just because it’s summer does not mean you have to over indulge.
- If you are drinking alcohol make sure you follow your Snack Categories. It’s not the alcohol that is the problem it’s what the alcohol makes you do that is the issue. By the second drink the body and brain slows down – you are no longer in control. If you are having more than one drink– try and drink a bottle of water in between drinks.
- Don’t blame others. If you go into a social setting half-hearted about staying on your program it’s going to be easy for family and friends to talk you out of it because that is what you really want them to do. We give off signals to people of whether or not we are serious about staying on program. If you give off the signal that you are not in it 100% they will know it and easily talk you into sabotage. If you give off the signal that you are on your program 100% then no one is going to be able to talk you off it.
- As much as I always tell you consecutive days are the most important for weight loss — what I want you to think about through the summer is on program days in general. If you know that you are extra social and that you have things going on through the week or weekend — and consecutive days are going to be difficult —then make sure that any day that you can have an on program day you do it. Follow your meals and snacks and make sure you have your on program food planned and prepared because when you can be on program you want that day to be 100%. The more on program days you can add into your week will make the difference between maintaining and gaining.
You have to decide what you want. If you are 225 and want to be 190 OR you are 140 and want to be 120 you can’t just talk about it and wish for it — because that is not going to make it happen. If you really want to lose the weight throughout the summer then you have to stay on program and work hard and follow your meals and snacks. Everyone that does the program and has success will tell you that it becomes a way of life. Learning to use your cheat day and loving it every week is life changing. Learning to go right back on program after holidays and vacation is more important than the time you spend off it. I see clients everyday do it regardless of the time of year. They are prepared with on program food and they always know what they are doing and where they are going and what they are eating. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring – if you want to lose the weight I can promise you it’s very doable just put the work in— and this time of year don’t let the social summer become all about food. The bottom line is whether it’s losing weight or maintaining the weight you have to plan it and stick to it. I can give you all the tools in the world but you have to want it and work for it. And it can’t be just when it’s convenient for you — it’s just as important to do it when it’s inconvenient. When you really learn to live the program – you will love the way you look and feel everyday.
My final thoughts for you are… When you can’t control what is happening in front of you — challenge yourself to control the way you respond to it. You can control your mind or You can let your mind control you
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Summer days are here and they are harder than any other days of the year. But they are still just as important as any other days of the year. If you want to lose weight you need to plan and always be back on track every week regardless of where you are or what time of year it is. Being back on your path every week is important for many reasons. It gives the week purpose and a sense of control in your week ahead. Another great thing about being back on track every week is it gives you a chance to regroup, put the weekend behind you and be even better than the week before. It’s fine to have weekend fun but the importance of getting back on plan and doing the right thing every week will result in how you look and feel the following weekend. [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Summer is not Easy: Summer is a time when it’s harder to stay on track and have 110% days. But sometimes just because it’s harder doesn’t mean it’s not doable and doesn’t mean it’s not necessary. I don’t have to tell you how quickly you will gain the weight back. This program works if you follow it but if you eat what you want when you want you will gain the weight right back. If you are 80%-20% then you will get 80% results. If you are 60%-40% then you will get 60% results. You see the clients around you. Many who have kept the weight off and maintained. They do it because they are on program and live the program. There is always a choice and you need to make it everyday. If you want to lose weight this summer you need to follow your program and stay on program in order to enjoy the one Cheat Day a week. Make sure you have all your meals and snacks prepared and ready for you. It’s important to plan your days and be ready for whatever is coming your way. If you have your meals and snacks then you have no excuse to go off program. Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you have to give up losing weight. You can enjoy and lose weight if you are willing to put the work in. Remember, the harder you work the better the results. It’s never easy – especially in the Summer, but it’s very doable and necessary- especially in the Summer.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]You can continue to lose weight if you really want too: Most people gain between 7-10 pounds by September. That’s a lot of weight to gain on top of weight that you already needed to lose. Think smart and act smarter! If you want to lose weight, if you want to look good and feel good then you have to do good things for you body. Yes, exercising is very important and the more you can incorporate it the better you will feel. But staying on program is what is going to make the weight come off. Staying on program makes you feel amazing and make the changes you really want to see. It’s what will make you feel that lighter, happier feeling that you love and changes the number on the scale to where you want it to be. It’s what gives you the feeling that you are in control and doing the right things for your body and mind. While it’s a much harder concept to follow in the summer, it’s what makes you feel your best. [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Choose your battles: If you know you are having long weekends at the beach or on the boat – then you need to try and be 110% Monday through – Thursday. If you want to lose weight this Summer but don’t want to be super strict – then be amazing on the days you can be. And on the days that are more challenging – try and be mindful even if you are cheating. You don’t want big Cheat Days to be consecutive and you don’t want to be Cheating a little everyday. The days that you can be amazing – then be amazing and eat the minimal that is on your plan. On the days you need extra snacks then have them but try to make them On Program snacks. If you want to enjoy a treat here and there then do it but try to be amazing and on 110% on program the following day. My point is, the great days will help and will count in your overall summer. You may not see the weight loss every week but you will see it by the end of the month. Instead of losing 1-2 lbs every week in July – you might lose 2 pounds by the end of July and 2 pounds by the end of August – and both are much better than gaining 10 by September.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Change Your Focus for Summer Months: If you already made the decision that you want the summer to be less about dieting and more about enjoying then you need to change your focus. Many clients will look to just maintain through the summer and get back on program in September. That is totally fine and may give you the mental break you need. In order to do this you need to still be mindful everyday about what your choices are. Instead of focusing on losing, focus on not gaining: Some clients will cheat one week and the next week be 110%. Others will be amazing Monday through Thursday and Cheat Friday through Sunday. Try and make changes where you can even on the days you are not 100%. If you want extra drinks give up your snacks. If you want extra snacks then make your meals smaller. Try and make even the smallest positive changes on the days your are off program. This way even though you are having more Cheat Days the changes will not necessarily help you lose but that’s okay – because what they are doing is helping you from gaining.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]At the end of the Summer days and Summer months – we have to accept what we have done. While it’s great to party, drink, and indulge – if you continuously over do it – you will be left with the results that I can assure you will not be worth how you feel. So stay mindful and think before you act. Because just like every bad choice will make a negative difference – every good choice will make a positive one. [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick
- [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]One meal and dessert off OR alcohol but not both. So if you are a foodie then you will eat clean all day and choose one meal a day and one snack/dessert and have that as an off program choice. OR if you are over the age of 21 and like your alcoholic beverages on vacation then you can do clean meals and snacks and have your drinks when you want them.[dt_sc_hr_invisible]
- Stay away from the nachos! When you are at the pool or the beach or after the slopes – you will order fresh raw veggies with hummus or light ranch. These veggies will help keep you munching and maintaining while you are laying around enjoying the sunshine or relaxing at the lodge after you ski.
- If you choose to have one meal a day off program then you do not get a Cheat Day at the end of the week. Remember, the Cheat Day only works when the other 6 days are 110% on program. So if you know you are “off” each day then you are using that and not your Cheat Day. You can’t do both because if you do you won’t maintain you will gain.
- You can’t run, exercise or ski off a bad food day so any exercise you do, make it in addition to your controlled food day. [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Shakshuka is a middle Eastern dish traditionally made with poached eggs in tomato sauce and spices. In this clean version, it features egg whites, onion, spinach and spices. Perfect breakfast option![dt_sc_hr_invisible_small] [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Ingredients:
•1 lb bag of spinach (fresh or frozen)
•1/2 tsp paprika
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 tsp coriander
•2 tsp cumin
•Salt to taste
•1 tbsp oil
•Egg whites (depends on size of skillet)
1. Dice the onion.
2. Heat skillet and add onions and spices. Cook until onion is soft.
3. Add spinach and allow all to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Make spaces in the spinach to hold the egg whites so they don’t run all over. Cook on low-medium heat until eggs are cooked thoroughly.
5. Remove skillet from heat and serve. 4 egg white is 1 meal serving.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
Root Vegetable Medley
•2 red onions, diced
•2 cloves of garlic, chopped
•2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
•1 lb carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
•1 lb beets, peeled and cut into wedges
•1 lb celeriac, peeled and cubed
•Zest of 1 lemon
•Zest of 1 orange
•2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
•2 tbsp chopped fresh savory
•1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
•Salt and pepper
•1/2 tsp ground coriander
1. Heat oven to 375 F and coat large casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray then add onions and garlic. Sauté until soft and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl then add sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, celeriac, lemon zest, orange zest, thyme, savory and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Spoon into casserole dish.
4. Bake for 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender. 1/2 cup serving is one side.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
•One 4-serving size package of Jell-O vanilla pudding mix
•2 cups skim milk
•1 packet Crystal Light Lemonade powdered drink mix (the size that makes 1 pitcher)
•One 12 oz container of low fat Cool Whip
1. Add pudding mix and milk into a medium bowl and beat until smooth and thick.
2. Beat in lemonade mix until combined.
3. Fold in Cool Whip.
4. Chill before serving. 1 cup serving is one dessert/snack.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]CAN I HAVE MATZAH? YES!
• MATZAH – 2 Matzah with 1 tbsp of peanut, almond or Sun Butter, light cream cheese or 1/2 avocado = meal
• MATZAH AND FRUIT: 1 Matzah with 1 tsp of pb or sunbather with 1 piece of
fruit or 1 cup of fruit = meal
• MATZAH AND EGGS – one Matzah with 3 egg whites = meal
•1/2 container Light tuna or chicken salad or egg white salad with 1 matzah = meal
• 1 slices of low fat cheese or 1 light part skim cheese stick with 1 Matzah =. Cat 3 Snack or you can do 2 slices with 2 matzah as a meal[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Matzah is only once a day and remember never eat just to eat. If you don’t need it, don’t eat it. You don’t want to end the night feeling bloated and sick. Like you over did it and you regret it. Instead, you want to end the holiday feeling amazing and in control. You will enjoy the food, but also what is really important – the company and the celebration.[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]Have a Happy Passover and Safe Travels to everyone going away!
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick[dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]
- With Thanksgiving so close – if you are even thinking of pausing your weight loss or pushing off your weight loss for another day or week you need to refocus right now and realize that life is never going to stop for you to lose weight. Start now and make it happen. You will always have an occasion, an event, a holiday, and/or dinners out. You need to make this a way of life and the only way to do that is to incorporate your busy life with your weight loss goals. You can do anything and go anywhere and stay on program.
- Stop making deals: If you cheated extra during the week you don’t make the deal to starve yourself the next two days. If you have a lunch or dinner out and it’s not your Cheat Day – You should never be thinking…“Should I stay on program or go off?” – There is no should I or could I. There are no deals to be made with yourself. You have done plenty of that and look at where it has gotten you. You need to be in SHARK mode — keep it all very simple — if it’s not your Cheat Day then you are on program regardless of where you are or what you have going on in your life.
- Make it a priority: Yes unfortunately you need to be little obsessive about your weight loss. Not in the sense that you have to be extreme but you do have to think about it and it has to be a priority – weight loss is hard and it takes commitment and you have to be willing to feel that little hunger. You can’t get distracted and mindlessly eat —With so much temptation around (and with the holidays it will only get worse) you have to be focused, committed and a little obsessive about staying on program. The more you make it a priority in your life the better the results and the easier the weight loss will be.
- If you are feeling a little mentally weak – Take out your skinny pants and try them on. Try on your shorts. Look online for a bathing suit you want to be in. Shorts and/or sun dresses – because the next vacation along with spring will be here before you know it. With the weather we are having in NY these days it might be here even sooner than we think. While quarantine was a great time to be the best you can be and even get yourself to a better place — many did not use the time wisely. So now this is the time for you to do it. Start now – you don’t wait for warm weather to be here and then try and start. You do it now so when vacations return and warm weather arrive you are ready.
- Extra weight makes you unhappy – studies show that unhealthy and over weight people get angrier over unimportant issues 5x faster than healthy fit people. Most likely the reason is because unhealthy and overweight people tend to start their day unhappy and frustrated to begin with. So as the day goes on so does their temper. So next time you think “should I eat it or should I stay on program?” Remind yourself it’s not just extra food or unhealthy food that you are debating about – What you really are debating is do you want to add another unhappy day to your life and to the life of those around you. Do you want to continue to feel unsettled and out of control with your unhealthy eating habits and more importantly unhappy with who you are and who you have become. Is it really worth what you will be going off program for. [dt_sc_hr_invisible_small]