Welcome back everyone! Im so happy everyone had a great safe holiday weekend. First, I want to tell you wherever you are don’t stress about it. Just get right back on program and finish out the week solid. One week and you will feel so much better being back in control and knowing that your body is in the right direction. You will weigh in this weekend and wherever you are you move on from there into a positive and happy place.
I want to thank you all because I have heard the nicest things the last couple of days from so many of you……. I love all the photos you send me. So many of you that were at holiday events this weekend and felt so good about yourself……. We had more clients than ever hit their lowest numbers this past weekend. The excitement was beyond thrilling for me to be a part of. Thank you all for working so hard.
I love how so many clients couldn’t express enough how knowing they were going back to their magic muffins and Innovation food after the Holiday weekend helped them mentally get right back on program. It makes me so happy!!! I say it all the time — it only takes a couple of days of being back to eating on program is what gets you back to feeling good again. The quicker you get back the faster you recover. It all comes down to it’s not always about going off program that matters so much — it’s about what you do after you go off program that makes all the difference. When you get right back on program you get right back to feeling your very best, lightest, happiest and in control feeling — and that makes us all happy.
Here are some things I want you to think about moving forward into the Beautiful Sunshine and Social Summer.
- You will feel hungrier this week. Why? Because you were eating for Holiday and Weekend Vacation last week and now you are back to eating for weight loss. So expect the hunger and embrace the hunger. I promise you will live through it. You might not be happy about it and there will be uncomfortable moments — but it will pass. And by the weekend you will feel so much better mentally and physically.
- Try your best to put the clean on program week in. I know we have so much going on in the summer and we are eating-out more often and socializing more than normal. But the more on program consecutive days you can put together the faster you will go back to feeling your best and back to your weight loss. If you are eating out make sure it’s a clean meal. Just because it’s summer does not mean you have to over indulge.
- If you are drinking alcohol make sure you follow your Snack Categories. It’s not the alcohol that is the problem it’s what the alcohol makes you do that is the issue. By the second drink the body and brain slows down – you are no longer in control. If you are having more than one drink– try and drink a bottle of water in between drinks.
- Don’t blame others. If you go into a social setting half-hearted about staying on your program it’s going to be easy for family and friends to talk you out of it because that is what you really want them to do. We give off signals to people of whether or not we are serious about staying on program. If you give off the signal that you are not in it 100% they will know it and easily talk you into sabotage. If you give off the signal that you are on your program 100% then no one is going to be able to talk you off it.
- As much as I always tell you consecutive days are the most important for weight loss — what I want you to think about through the summer is on program days in general. If you know that you are extra social and that you have things going on through the week or weekend — and consecutive days are going to be difficult —then make sure that any day that you can have an on program day you do it. Follow your meals and snacks and make sure you have your on program food planned and prepared because when you can be on program you want that day to be 100%. The more on program days you can add into your week will make the difference between maintaining and gaining.
You have to decide what you want. If you are 225 and want to be 190 OR you are 140 and want to be 120 you can’t just talk about it and wish for it — because that is not going to make it happen. If you really want to lose the weight throughout the summer then you have to stay on program and work hard and follow your meals and snacks. Everyone that does the program and has success will tell you that it becomes a way of life. Learning to use your cheat day and loving it every week is life changing. Learning to go right back on program after holidays and vacation is more important than the time you spend off it. I see clients everyday do it regardless of the time of year. They are prepared with on program food and they always know what they are doing and where they are going and what they are eating. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring – if you want to lose the weight I can promise you it’s very doable just put the work in— and this time of year don’t let the social summer become all about food. The bottom line is whether it’s losing weight or maintaining the weight you have to plan it and stick to it. I can give you all the tools in the world but you have to want it and work for it. And it can’t be just when it’s convenient for you — it’s just as important to do it when it’s inconvenient. When you really learn to live the program – you will love the way you look and feel everyday.
My final thoughts for you are… When you can’t control what is happening in front of you — challenge yourself to control the way you respond to it. You can control your mind or You can let your mind control you
~Love to Live Healthy with Josephine Fitzpatrick